CPA / Attorney
Jean Phelps graduated from South Texas College of Law with a Doctorate in Jurisprudence in the top 15% of her class. After passing the Texas Bar exam in 1993, Jean worked for Gulf Coast Legal Foundation assisting low-income clients with legal matters.
In 1995, Jean worked for the Texas Attorney General's Office as an Assistant Attorney General in the Tax Division, representing the Texas Comptroller. In 2007, Jean began a stint in which she taught business law full-time at Blinn College and served as Assistant Division Chair of the Business Department of Blinn College - Bryan Campus.
Contact us for your free consultation.
As Dean of Business Services at the Blinn Bryan Campus, Jean ran the Business Services Office for five years, completely reorganizing and modernizing the office to meet the needs of a fast-growing campus. Jean is a 1987 graduate of Texas A&M University with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
After Texas A&M, Jean worked for Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Arthur Andersen and has been a certified public accountant for more than two decades. Jean Phelps guides clients in family law, corporate law, tax law, and general counsel issues that draw upon her unique combination of skills and experience.
- Accounting and consulting, Ernst & Young
- Accounting and consulting, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Accounting and Consulting, Arthur Andersen
- Former Assistant Attorney General
- Professor of Business Law, Blinn College
- Gulf Coast Legal Foundation
- Former Dean of Business Services at Blinn College - Bryan Campus
- Member of the Texas Association of Mediators
- Candidate for Credentialed Mediator with the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association