There are a lot DUI attorneys out there to choose from. In fact, there
are so many that it can be very overwhelming when you try to pick the
one that is right for your case. Before you choose a lawyer, you should
fist shop around and compare the competition in your area. But what should
you be asking the attorneys that you are interested in hiring? Knowing
what to ask an attorney can be the difference between hiring a good attorney
or a bad attorney. Below, we explain what to ask before you hire a DUI lawyer.
#1: Find Out About Their Background
- How long have they been practicing law?
- What cities and states have they worked in before?
- Do they belong to any reputable professional organizations or bar associations?
- What specific areas of law do they practice?
#2: Ask about Their Track Record
- How many DUI cases have they won?
- How many have they lost?
- How many of their cases reached a settlement agreement?
- Do they tend to take their DUI cases to trial or work out plea agreements?
#3: Find Out How Strong Your Case Is
- What do they think the weakest part of your case is?
- How can the weaknesses in your defense be improved?
- What do they think is your best defense strategy?
#4: Ask About Your Options
- What are the consequences if you plead guilty?
- Is there a lesser charge you can agree to?
- What ways can you avoid a trial?
#5: Find Out How Much Their Services Will Cost
- What are their payment fees?
- Do they charge an hourly fee or flat fee?
- Is there a retainer fee?
- What extra services do they charge for?
If you need an experienced DUI attorney, you should immediately contact our College Station DUI lawyers today. We are here to assist with your legal needs.